We’ll Help You Get Custody

Get a Custody Arrangement You Agree with

When you are going through a divorce, or you are not married, you can request a separate action in court called a Suit Affecting the Parent Child Relationship. This allows you to request that the courts adjudicate your rights regarding your child or children. The visitation rights are the same in both types of custody arrangements and are based on the Standard Possession Order contained in the Texas Family Code.

In Texas, there are two sets of custodial powers that the courts award, sole managing conservatorship and joint managing conservatorship. Parents equally share the rights and duties of a parent when a joint conservatorship is granted.  However, that does not mean it is a 50/50 visitation schedule, although it could be.

If you need help filing the correct paperwork, give us a call today.

Get Custody of Your Children Today

Sole Conservatorship Arrangement

Unlike the above situation, where parents share responsibility and custody and visitation are arranged, in a sole managing conservatorship, one parent is granted all of the rights and the other is partially involved in the duties.

These are the two most common granted arrangements; however, the court can grant other arrangements and custom versions to meet the needs of each child.

“Stacy represented me in my divorce and made it a smooth and easy experience. Only going through this once and not knowing what to expect, she immediately eased my mind, and I knew I had picked the right attorney. She is very experienced and can handle anything. I have referred several people to her, and they all agree that she was excellent in representing them. That is why she gets a 5-star review from me.”Linda